Beware of Health Insurance Sales Phone Scam
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana has learned about robocalls being made by people falsely claiming to be sales reps of Blue Cross or Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The robocallers claim to be selling health insurance. BCBSMT is not making any automated prerecorded sales calls.
- Those calls are not from us. We don't yet know who is placing these calls. They appear to be trying to get you to give out personal or financial information.
- This is reported as a nationwide scam.
- If you get one of these calls, hang up right away. Don't give out your personal information. Don’t respond to prompts asking you to "press 1" or "press 2."
- Open Enrollment for individual health insurance ended Dec. 15, 2017. Unless you qualify for special enrollment, you can't get health insurance until the next Open Enrollment which starts Nov. 1, 2018.
- Read more about health care fraud and protecting your personal and financial information.